With the help of refrigeration installation companies, restaurants and large-scale food processing firms can preserve perishable items and extend their life and quality. In a business where food spoilage is a major problem, a dependable refrigeration system is the best solution.
What’s the difference between a commercial and an industrial refrigeration system?
One difference lies in the kind of refrigerant used. In large-scale applications, ammonia systems are a popular choice for 3 major reasons:
- Effective and efficient for large refrigeration systems
- Ammonia refrigeration breaks down quickly and minimises environmental impact
- Its strong odours make it easily identifiable and any spills and leaks will be cleaned up and fixed right away.
- Ammonia is also 3% to 10% more thermodynamically efficient compared with other refrigerants.
This type of refrigerant does have its share of dangers. But with precautions in place, it will be safe to use.
In the case of restaurants, however, the danger lies in not following the best practices in food storage. Given that refrigeration installation companies have done their share in setting your restaurant’s cooling system, it is now your responsibility to put the equipment to good use. See more at NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
How to avoid food spoilage
Track purchase deadlines
Make certain providers deliver the freshest hauls of the day. After that, tag every item with the expiration date and arrange your cooler in a way that products that were supplied first will be used first.
All staff members need to know the acquisition procedure, from purchasing to using produce and other food items based on use-by dates.
Adhere to correct storage methods
- Fridge temperature level should be kept at no more than 40 ° F (4 ° C) to stop most germs from growing.
- Cold air must freely flow around chilled foods to guarantee they are effectively cooled.
- Spills and drips from thawing meat must be avoided by placing items in sealed containers.
- Cheese, eggs, and other high-risk ingredients should only be stored in the fridge for 7 days.
- Clean the fridge regularly and make sure ice doesn’t form excessively.
Establish a contingency strategy for service interruption
Prepare for when a power outage happens. If you have to set a backup power or alternative refrigeration option, make sure to check into the following:
- The most likely source of the power failure
- Duration and frequency of power loss and interruption
- The most severe scenario of a power outage.
When you have the information, you can determine to buy back-up power or not. Make certain to perform a cost-analysis benefit to determine which power plan will supply adequate power during a power failure.
After that, have alternative refrigeration solutions in place.
- Agree with another branch or sister company for temporary storage in the event of a disaster.
- Agree to acquire replacements for spoiled inventory from them.
Consult refrigeration installation companies
Need support services or maintenance assistance for your restaurant’s refrigeration system? Contact specialists from NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning. They can provide you with the skills and equipment you need to prevent spoiled inventory in your dining establishment. Invest in refrigeration specialists to protect your investments. For more details, check it out at: https://www.nksrac.com.au/